- Now it is decided: "Our" chemist Anders Hagfeldt will be the new Vice-Chancellor 2020-11-23
- New coating material for semiconductors - one step closer to the goal of producing fuel from sunlight 2020-11-19
- Kristina Edström recognised with the Gold Medal by the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences 2020-10-21
- Sustainable lab practices - Synthetic Molecular Chemistry shows the way 2020-10-09
- Truck of the future powered by solar cells 2020-10-07
Their goal is to produce fuel from sunlight
Do you have imagination, are you curious and creative? Then chemistry have many exciting areas to offer. New substances are created every day in hopes of finding intelligent materials, new medicines and to get new insights into how nature works. If you are a more theoretical person you can design molecules in the digital world.
The width within chemistry is reflected both in curricula and research. We have everything from basic level courses to specialized courses, within bachelor, engineering and master level programmes. The courses within our master programmes are given in English.
The research within Chemistry - Ångström
Meet our researchers
She has put Uppsala University’s battery research on the world map.
Read the interview with professor Kristina Edström
Within the Department of Chemistry - Ångström at Uppsala University, there are six different research programmes focusing on different areas within chemistry.
- Physical Chemistry
- Molecular Biomimetics
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Structural Chemistry
- Synthetic Molecular Chemistry
Our researchers have access to extensive infrastructure and we are involved in several larger research collaborations together with researchers from other departments and universities.