- Three companies connected to Chemistry - Ångström among Sweden's best startups according to Ny Teknik 2020-09-14
- Large-scale European initiative for battery research starts up 2020-09-10
- ERC Starting Grant for developing new computational techniques 2020-09-07
- Press Release: New Method Gives More Precise Information on Simple Molecules 2020-05-25
- Eszter Borbas, an outstanding reviewer in the journal Dalton Transactions 2019 2020-05-05
Kristina Edström receives the Elder Gustaf Adolf Medal
Do you have imagination, are you curious and creative? Then chemistry have many exciting areas to offer. New substances are created every day in hopes of finding intelligent materials, new medicines and to get new insights into how nature works. If you are a more theoretical person you can design molecules in the digital world.
The width within chemistry is reflected both in curricula and research. We have everything from basic level courses to specialized courses, within bachelor, engineering and master level programmes. The courses within our master programmes are given in English.
Meet our researchers
She has put Uppsala University’s battery research on the world map.
Read the interview with professor Kristina Edström
Within the Department of Chemistry - Ångström at Uppsala University, there are seven different research programmes focusing on different areas within chemistry.
- Physical Chemistry
- Molecular Biomimetics
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Structural Chemistry
- Synthetic Molecular Chemistry
- Theoretical Chemistry
Our researchers have access to extensive infrastructure and we are involved in several larger research collaborations together with researchers from other departments and universities.